Just a reminder to all members with dwelling or commercial building, you MUST pay for trash service to the trash removal company providing the service. Full time residents will pay for 12 months of trash service and weekend or part-time residents will pay for 6 months of trash service (April 1 thru September 30.) If you need the phone number for our trash service, please contact the Association office, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for more information @ 660-663-2131.
ANYONE SETTING TRASH OUT PRIOR TO PICKUP DAY MUST HAVE TRASH IN A CONTAINER WITH A CLOSEABLE/SEALABLE LID. (This was adopted, by motion, at the Board of Directors meeting on August 10, 2008.)
Keeping up with the times!! Social Media is another way to keep informed of Lake happenings!! The following accounts are provided for lake members to get updates, post items for sale and sharing.
Twitter: Lake Viking News @lakevingmo-Used by the office, if you'd like something tweeted contact the office.
Facebook: Lake Viking Official Group-For sharing information about the lake and it's members. Used by anyone in the group. All you need to do is like, and wait until you've been accepted by the group.
Facebook: Lake Viking Swap & Shop-For selling and looking for items. See the rules provided on the facebook page. Used by anyone in the group. All you need to do is like, and wait until you've been accepted by the group.
Please email the office @ email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with your email address', if you would like to receive emails of lake events or news!!
Login/password for The Lake Viking News online is provided to Lake Viking members in good standing free upon request. This secure portion of this website provides immediate access for members to share ideas, concerns, opinion and response to stories, to share photographs, to post free classifieds, and more. This website also provides an extensive archive of previously published articles. Anything you read or write is secure within the confines of the Lake Viking membership site; outsiders cannot access the information.
Lake Viking property owners receive a print newspaper edition each month, published by Gallatin Publishing Company. This publication is financed totally by advertising; you are urged to patronize these businesses who support our lake.
Help us avoid expensive, invasive Mussel damage!
Thus far there has been no incident of zebra and/or quagga mussels invading the waters of Lake Viking -- and we want to keep it that way! Please focus on this threat by spending a few moments reading or watching this information provided by the 100th Meridian Initiative:
If the lake is not closed down to watercraft traffic when high water is present, watercraft could sustain damage from floating and partially submerged debris in the water. This also poses a danger to the operator of such watercraft.
The wake created by watercraft during high water can cause damage to docks and erosion of shorelines.
IN THE EVENT OF HIGH WATER
1. If lake level rises over normal pool the lake may be closed, at the Lake Managers discretion, until further notice. Red lights will be turned on and launch ramp will be blocked off. Office personnel, Security and Marina will be notified.
2. The Maintenance Dept. will go out and collect debris and report to the Lake Manager on how much is present in the water and how long they think it will take to remove it.
3. When the lake is officially closed there will be NO WATERCRAFT TRAFFIC allowed with the exception of the Maintenance Crews that will be collecting debris.
4. Any unauthorized watercraft on the water when the lake is closed could be subject to an infraction ticket. Willful disregard of this regulation may result in a substantial fine.
5. When the Lake Manager receives report from the Maintenance Supervisor that debris has been cleaned up and the lake level is approaching normal level or lower the Lake Manager may reopen the lake.