PUBLIC WATER SUPPLY DISTRICT NO. 3 OF DAVIESS COUNTY
OPEN MEETING — June 27, 2018
CALL TO ORDER: Kyle Parkhurst, President (2020), called the meeting to order at 2 p.m. Members in attendance were Troy Lesan (2021), and Jeffrey Speaker (2019). Arlo Aschbrenner (2020) was unable to attend. Also in attendance were Roger Barker, water superintendent, Diane Hulett, clerk, and Charlie Zitnik of D.A. Davidson.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Troy Lesan moved to approve the minutes of the May 15, 2018, Board of Directors Meeting. Jeffrey Speaker seconded. All members were in favor; motion carried.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Charlie Zitnik with D.A. Davidson gave information on the lease purchase financing for the radio read meter system and required software. The terms will be $145,000 at 3.55% for eight years.
- Troy Lesan moved to rescind the motion made at the May 15, 2018, meeting to proceed with financing through Government Capital Financing. Jeffrey Speaker seconded. All members were in favor; motion carried.
- The matter of authorizing the district to enter into an equipment lease purchase agreement with Farmers Bank & Trust came up for consideration and was discussed. Kyle Parkhurst introduced a resolution as follows:
- Resolution authorizing the Public Water Supply District No. 3 of Daviess County, Missouri, to enter into a lease purchase transaction, the proceeds of which will be used to pay the costs of equipping improvements to the district’s water system; and authorizing and approving the execution and delivery of certain documents in connection therewith.
- On motion made by Jeffrey Speaker and seconded by Troy Lesan, the resolution was read and put to a roll call vote. All members were in favor; motion passed.
- Financial Report: The financial reports and bills were reviewed and discussed. Jeffrey Speaker moved to approve the May financial reports as submitted and approve the bills. Troy Lesan seconded. All members voted to approve; motion carried.
- The vacant position for director of sub-district #1 will be advertised in the paper for two weeks.
Superintendent Report: Roger Barker reported that the most recent eColi test results are still very good and the preliminary results on the disinfection byproducts are satisfactory. He also reported that the Source Water Protection Plan continues to be updated.
Kyle Parkhurst, President, announced the next meeting would be at 4 p.m. on July 17, 2018, at the water plant. Jeffrey Speaker moved to adjourn at 4 p.m. Troy Lesan seconded. All members were in favor; motion carried.