I understand that we are all feeling anxious with the uncertainty of where this pandemic may take our personal health and finances. I hope this finds each of you healthy and taking every precaution possible to protect your health and wellbeing.
I wanted to bring you up to date on a few additional actions we will be taking as your LV Board and staff. First of all, we will be rolling out a program called Lake Viking Caring Network. We will send a separate email with all the details. The intent is to help our Lake Viking members who are here at the lake and who may need help with short errands, like to the grocery store or pharmacy, because they aren’t able to leave their home. There are many people who are already providing help to their neighbors, and we hope they continue to provide those acts of kindness and compassion. We are trying to broaden the assistance network to other Lake Viking neighbors who can’t get out due to health issues. Board members, Troy Lesan and Celeste Armanees, are finalizing the details. We will provide contact information in a separate email.
We also wanted to let you know that we will be closing our Lake Viking public/community bathrooms starting Monday, March 30th through at least April 15th. We will re-evaluate this decision on April 15th. This includes the bathrooms in the clubhouse, at the beaches and at the campground. We regret the inconvenience this may cause our members. However, we want to keep our members who use public bathrooms and staff who clean facilities as safe as we can. We want to error on the side of prevention….so we hope you will bear with us through these difficult times.
We also heard the feedback from our members suggesting that we use virtual tools for our April 5th monthly meeting. We are putting plans in place to do that. We are still evaluating if it will be just audio or a live stream. We will communicate the meeting information through email…but not through Facebook or on our website, as those are public sites. If you know of members who do not receive emails, encourage them to contact the office to get on the email distribution list. This will be our first time using virtual technology….so please have patience as it will be a learning curve for us.
We will continue to have our LV association buildings closed to foot traffic at least until April 15th. These buildings include the LV office, Safety office, main maintenance facility building, Clubhouse (including lower level bathrooms), campground and beach shower houses. Storm shelters/bathrooms that serve as storm shelters will be unlocked and open for severe weather. Please feel free to call and/or email during office hours. We appreciate your understanding that we are trying to social distance until at least April 15th, at which time it will be re-evaluated.
Board member Mike Booth works in emergency management for the state and provided us with this information. Mike continues to guide and recommend the precautions that we are taking. If you need the help of Daviess County, state and national officials, here is information about sites/ numbers that may be of assistance.
- Daviess County Department of Health – Cheryl Alexander, 660-663-2414. Cheryl suggested that you might also want to go to the state web site at health.mo.com and click on the COVID-19 tab for information. Daviess County Health Department also has a Facebook page that might be helpful.
- Meals on Wheels – 660-663-2828. Meals are delivered only onMonday to those meeting eligibility requirements.
- CDC’s COVID-19 webpage
- Department of Health and Senior Services – COVID-19 information includes a 24 hour hotline: 877-435-8411
- Directory of Local Public Health Agencies (LPHAs) and Services
- Missouri Department of Mental Health – COVID-19 information to include Disaster Distress Helpline: Phone: 800/985-5990 Text: “TalkWithUs” to 66746
- Missouri Department of Mental Health – Division of Developmental Disabilities COVID-19 information.
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education – COVID-19
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) – Covid-19. This page includes links for Medicaid and CHIP to include information about waivers, flexibilities, fact sheets, etc.
We will continue to follow the CDC guidance and Missouri state gathering orders of less than 10 people. We encourage you to continue to shelter in place and social distance. We recommend that if you normally reside in a location that has implemented a stay at home order, that you abide by that order. We are aware that everyone loves our beautiful lake and amenities. However, we all need to comply with the city and/or state orders to stay at home. Please keep in mind that health resources are especially limited in rural areas. The more we limit our public interaction…the sooner life will resume and we will be able to once again enjoy our lake.
My prayers and thoughts continue for good health for everyone…. especially for our health care providers, emergency workers and to each person who continues to provide services and assistance in these difficult times. Please remember to social distance and take every precaution to protect your health and your neighbor’s health….and thank you for your patience with these precautions.