PUBLIC WATER SUPPLY DISTRICT #3 OF DAVIESS COUNTY
OPEN MEETING — November 17, 2020
CALL TO ORDER — Troy Lesan, Vice President (2021), called the meeting to order at 4 p.m. Due to an increasing spread of coronavirus in the area, the meeting was held at the Viking Valley Association Clubhouse to allow for social distancing. Members in attendance were Harlan Horst (2023), Jeffrey Speaker (2022), and Mark White (2021). Kyle Parkhurst (2023) arrived at 5:20 p.m. Also in attendance were Charlie Zitnik with DA Davidson, Roger Barker, water superintendent, and Diane Hulett, clerk.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES — Harlan Horst moved to approve the minutes of the Sept. 15, 2020, Board of Directors Meeting. Mark White seconded. All members were in favor; motion carried. Due to the cancellation of last month’s board meeting, there were no minutes to approve for October.
PUBLIC COMMENT — There was no public comment.
OLD BUSINESS — There was no old business.
- Financial Report: The financial reports and bills were reviewed and discussed. Harlan Horst moved to approve the September and October financial reports as submitted and approve the bills. Jeffrey Speaker seconded. All members voted to approve; motion carried.
- The bid for audit services was submitted. A motion was made by Jeffrey Speaker and seconded by Mark White to accept the bid from Karlin & Long, LLC for the 2020 audit. All members were in favor; motion carried.
- Roger presented information from Bartlett & West regarding upgrades to the water plant. A motion was made by Harlan Horst and seconded by Mark White giving authority to Kyle Parkhurst, president, to sign the Bartlett & West 35% Design Bid Contract after it is reviewed by counsel. All members voted to approve; motion carried.
- Charlie Zitnik with DA Davidson provided the board with clarification on a timeline for financing, as well as information on interest rates and legal fees that will be applicable.
- Preliminary 2021 budget figures were presented for review with no corrections being made at this time.
DISCUSSION — Superintendent Report: Roger reported that a portion of the water loss last month was due to a leak recently discovered in the southwest section of the lake. He also informed the board that both the fire hydrant installation and tube replacements done by Viking Valley Association have gone well with no apparent issues occurring to the main water line.
Kyle Parkhurst, president, announced the next meeting would be Dec. 15, 2020, at 4 p.m. at the water plant. The meeting was adjourned at 7 p.m.