Current career setting: Retired
Number of years an Association Member: 15 years
Previous VVA Board or committee service: None
Additional personal or family data: My wife Mary and I have resided in Saint Joseph, MO most of our adult life and been mostly summer residents at Lake Viking since 2004. We have two daughters Sarah and Clara, and seven grandchildren. I graduated from Missouri Western State University with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. I’ve worked in the fields of Manufacturing, Customer Service, Distribution, and Transportation for 37 years; retiring as an officer for Hillyard Companies in 2017. I feel my experiences with people, budgets, and problem solving could be beneficial as a Lake Viking Board Member. My gratitude for those that have served the lake as volunteers in the past motivated me to give back.
- What qualities of Lake Viking led you to become a property owner? Family oriented summer recreational lake close to our home in St. Joseph, MO.
- Describe aspects of your background that uniquely prepare you for Board service: I have had experience serving on committees and problem solving most of my career.
- What do you feel is the greatest challenge facing our Association? Demographics of members and their participation.
- What are the top two issues you want the Board to focus on? Finance and Lake
- Describe your vision for Lake Viking: I would like to see our lake continue as a vibrant summer destination for generations to come.